- Get up 30 minutes earlier and go for a walk
- Wear a pair of walking/running shoes to work and use as your commuter shoes. http://www.northsiderunners.com.au/ can help you if you need new shoes
- Park 10 minutes away from your destination – that will give you an extra 20 minutes of exercise every day
- Every 40 minutes stand up and do some movements for 1-2 minutes over an 8 hour day, it will add up: this could be lunges, squats or just little step-ups
- Get some fresh air at lunch and a walk too
- Change a meeting into a walk and talk
- Enrol in a program: get your colleagues involved. The 10,000 step program is a great place to start http://www.10000steps.org.au/
And remember, if you are having any pain seek assistance: if it is foot or leg pain we can help. The biggest reasons people don’t exercise is they just don’t start. So stick to a plan and get moving.